Suede is beautifully soft and pliable, however it does need some extra protection from stains.
To treat any small stains:
- Try to remove dry stains with careful use of a clean pencil eraser.
- If the stain is still wet, try blotting it up by putting a paper towel on it and a weight on top of the towel.
- Avoid using a chemical stain remover for either kind of stain.
For stubborn stains:
- These can be rubbed off with a damp towel and some white vinegar. Allow the leather to dry before assessing your success.
- After drying, the garment will smell of vinegar for a while – but it will fade!
- For all-over cleaning, take your shoes to a trusted dry cleaner.